SHOTBOX Portable Photo Light Studio Review - Janine Adams
Visit Janine's review and website Organize Your Family History here.
Last fall I blogged about SHOTBOX, a portable light studio that was part of a Kickstarter campaign. I was excited about the prospect of using it to take pictures for my blogs as well as photographing delicate documents for my genealogy research. The SHOTBOX studio plus the SideShot attachment that allows well-lit photography from the front, seemed like an answer to a problem I’d had for a long time. (Just take a look at many of the photos on this blog or on my organizing blog to see what I mean. There’s room for improvement!)
My SHOTBOX arrived in December, literally at the same time my puppy, Bix, joined our family. So I haven’t had the chance to use it as much as I will. But I did set it up right away and take a few shots.
Here’s my overall impression:
- The packaging was excellent. It arrived safe and sound from China with no damage at all.
- The instructions are good and hardly necessary because the product is simple and intuitive.
- I was able to get it up and running within minutes. I’ve since used it one other time and it’s remained easy to set up and use.
- The neoprene carrying case is excellent. All the components fit securely in the case and the collapsed SHOTBOX takes very little room to store.
- I’m delighted that it comes with four different colored backdrops (white, black, green and blue), which are very easy to switch out.
The SHOTBOX Rootstech Complete Show Special - Includes Bonus Add-On Bundle and Bonus Tools Kit
This is a special configuration and price for Rootstech 2021 that includes the full Add-On Bundle and the new Bonus Tools Kit
Sign Up to Receive Updates!
We will be sending out updates throughout Rootstech and after with tips, tricks, articles, and more. Learn how you can save your memories!